Don’t be fooled by the “chocolate mousse” title, this is a healthy version of your regular chocolate pudding.
- 2 medium sized ripe avocados
- The zest of one orange
- The juice of one and a half large oranges
- 2tbsp honey
- Either 3tbsp of high quality cocoa and 20g of melted 85% dark chocolate (I’d recommend Green & Black’s dark chocolate) OR if you can’t find a health food shop nearby for good quality cocoa, 2tbsp of good quality hot chocolate powder will do and 40g dark chocolate
You will need:
- A food blender
- Three ramekins
- A fine grater
1. First of all, cut the avocado’s in half and remove the stone. Next, shell out the flesh with a spoon and place into the blender.
2. Extract the orange juice using a fork or a juicer. Using a grater, grate the zest off of the orange and leave in a separate bowl to place on the chocolate avocado mix at the end.
3. By now you should have your honey, cocoa (or hot chocolate powder) and orange juice prepared.
4. Next, add the honey, cocoa or hot chocolate and orange juice, then blend
4. Once this has blended, melt your dark chocolate by placing it in a glass bowl and putting it on top of a pot full of simmering water – how you would normally melt chocolate! Then drizzle the melted chocolate into the blender and blend. If you want to add more orange, more dark chocolate or more honey to your mix to accommodate your tastebuds then you can experiment with the flavours.
5. Add the mix into ramekins and add the zest on top of the dessert and leave in the fridge to cool for an hour.
Each serving offers around: 324kcal, 22.6g fat, 30.5g carbohydrate, 12.2g protein, 9.3g fibre